About Me

My photo
Katy, Tx
I am a happily married mother of two beautiful girls.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday....

I haven't been blogging the last few days due to lack of time so I thought I would use the few minutes I have today to type a few lines.
As usual I am still overwhelmed with my classes. On Wednesday I went with Alexis on her field trip to the Oil Ranch. It was so much fun. She got to ride a horse, milk a cow and go on a hay ride. There is one little girl in her class that refused to touch the milk cow....which I thought was ironic considering her dad is the Ag teacher at Katy High.
Today is Ryan's b-day- we got him a new laptop- he loves it!!
As some of you may know I am pretty much consumed with this years election. I still have faith that McCain will prevail. Barack Obama will be a horrible mistake for this country. He tax plan does not promote prosperity, it promotes dependency on the government. He said in the past only people making over 250k a year would get a tax hike and yesterday he came out and said now it's 200k. He wants to tax the people he considers rich and then send a check to people who pay no taxes. He calls it a tax cut- but you can't have a tax cut if you pay no taxes- it's called a welfare check. He also wants to raise the taxes on small businesses. This is a personal issue for me because me and my family are Joe the plumber. We own two small businesses and we didn't build them by getting government hand outs. We built them with our own blood, sweat and tears and because we are successful Barack Obama wants to punish that success by raising our taxes. Believe me, the self-employed are taxed enough!! Oh, and get this, my daughter Ashley came home from school today and told me the librarian read them a book about Barack Obama. So I asked if she also read them a book about John McCain and of course she didn't. Here's the deal, I don't mind if she reads them a book about Obama- I just think she should be unbiased and also read them a book about McCain. Long story short, I will be contacting her to ask her to read to them about McCain as well. I'm sorry but no one can deny the John McCain has a much more interesting life story than Obama- he was a POW for 6 years after all.
On a lighter note, tomorrow is Halloween. Ashley wanted to be a Spurs player, but finding Spurs stuff in our area is rather difficult, so she decided to be a hunter. Alexis is going to be Shawn Johnson- the Olympic gymnast.
Well that's all for now- off to the Katy game I go!!!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed